The intent of this award is to recognize outstanding teaching and professional involvement with both faculty and students by a graduate teaching assistant at Oregon State University. The recipient will receive a plaque with his or her name engraved on it and an award in the amount of $1,000. The plaque will be presented during University Day events held in fall 2019.
- Will be currently enrolled in their graduate degree program at point of nomination for this award;
- The student must be returning to at least 3 credits of enrollment in fall term;
- Will have demonstrated excellent professional interaction with faculty and students during his or her GTA tenure;
- Will have held a teaching assistantship for at least three terms within the preceding two years; and
- Will have demonstrated outstanding teaching based on course evaluations (as reflected in the Summary of Teaching Evaluation Scores or alternate teaching evaluation scores) and 3 letters of support provided by faculty and/or students.
- Departments and programs may submit only one nomination.
- Nominations are solicited from students, faculty, department chairs, and/or deans who recognize outstanding contributions from a graduate teaching assistant.
- All nominations must be submitted by the department head/chair or graduate program director in which the nominee is employed as a GTA.
Each nomination must include a complete document packet containing all materials listed below.
- A cover letter from department head/chair or graduate program director in which the nominee has been employed as a GTA
- No more than 2 additional letters of support. Signed and unsigned comments solicited and received as part of the teaching evaluation process are not admissible.
- A completed Summary of Courses Taught form, including at least three terms of teaching within the preceding two years
- A completed Summary of Teaching Evaluation Scores form, including departmental median scores. In some cases, college median score comparisons may be more applicable.
- The nominee's résumé or CV.
Please submit this document packet as one (1) PDF document attached to the nomination form, using the following file name convention: FROLANDER_NomineeLastName_DEPT.Incomplete nominations will not be reviewed.
Nominations must be submitted by 5PM on March 10, 2019. Awards will be announced by approximately April 30, 2019.