Admission Forms

Application for Graduate School

Please use the Online Graduate Admission Application.

Although we no longer provide printable applications, if you are unable to access an application form because you lack reliable internet access or you do not have a credit card for payment, please send a message or a note to our postal address to see if alternative arrangements can be made.

Graduate School
Oregon State University
Heckart Lodge, 2900 SW Jefferson Way
Corvallis, OR 97331

Change of Term

Please note the following before submitting a change of term:

  • The program you applied to must approve all term changes and deferrals. Please check with your program before requesting a change a term. The terms in which it is possible to begin studies vary by program. Find contact information on the individual program pages.
  • Processing in the Graduate School can take up to two weeks; response times within the programs can vary.
  • Due to the COVID-19 situation, if a graduate program allows a full year delay, we are temporarily allowing term change requests to extend into fall 2021 without requiring a new application and fee. Please check with your program before submitting the form.

There are two different ways to request a change of term. Please use only one of these methods. Using both methods will cause delays in processing.

Change of Major

The application fee is valid for one degree, major and academic year. Applying for multiple graduate majors requires multiple application forms and fees. Please use the Online Graduate Admission Application to apply for another major.

Change of Current Mailing Address / Email Address

Use this online form to change your mailing address or your email address if you have applied for admission but have not registered for any classes yet. If you have already registered for classes you can change your address yourself in MyOSU under “Personal Information,” and do not need to submit the online form.

OSU International Graduate Student Certification of Finances Forms

Prior to admission** all international applicants, including applicants for graduate assistantships, must complete a form for the Academic Year for which they are applying:

The Certification of Finances form can be completed, saved, and printed using Adobe Reader. The printed form must be signed by hand, but it can then be scanned, saved as a PDF, and uploaded into your application. If you do not have a scanner, the signed paper form can be faxed, mailed, or hand-delivered to the Graduate School.

**NOTE: Financial documentation is not required at the time of application. You may scan and upload financial documentation with your application materials OR you may wait until after your application has been accepted by the department/program. If your application is accepted, the Graduate School will contact you via email to request the financial materials. If you will be taking courses as a distance student through OSU Extended Campus, and you will not be entering the U.S., we ask that you complete the Certification of Finances form but proof of funding is not required.

Current Student Forms

Change of Degree/Major/Certificate for Current OSU Students

If you are a current OSU graduate student and want to change your degree (for example, from a PhD to an MS, or from an MS to a PhD), or if you want to change the major you are studying, you will need to submit a Change of Degree/Major/Certificate form to the Graduate School.

Diploma Application

Diplomas are issued four times a year, at the end of each term. You must complete a diploma application form to receive your diploma. If you are pursuing more than one degree at the time you submit your diploma app and if it defaults to the higher degree please email the Graduate School and we will manually change it for you.

To fill out the form, login to MyOregonState. First, check your profile page to make Graduate Student is checked under "Affiliations." Next, navigate to the resources page and search the resources for "apply to graduate." Follow the link and fill out the form.

Starting in summer 2019, diplomas for summer, fall, and winter term graduates are mailed free of charge. This service will be provided by the Michael Sutter Company, our vendor that prints all OSU diplomas.

  • Once your degree is awarded (see important graduation/diploma dates), you will receive an email from in your OSU email account.
  • This email includes your Secure ID to order your diploma. Please save this email for any future diploma requests; you will use the same Secure ID for every transaction.
  • Within 7 business days after submitting your diploma order, the vendor will mail you your diploma at no charge to you.
  • To pick up your diploma from the Office of the Registrar, follow the directions for picking it up at the university instead of entering a mailing address. Once the diploma arrives in our office, we notify you via your OSU email address that the diploma is ready for pick-up. **Please note: this process will take longer than having your diploma mailed directly to you and that you may only pick it up at the Office of the Registrar on the OSU Corvallis campus.**

Exam Scheduling Form

Complete an Exam Scheduling Form to schedule all exams required by the Graduate School. See Procedures for Examinations and Formal Meetings to determine which meetings require this form.

Exam forms must be submitted two weeks prior to the exam date. If you are submitting this form late, please call 541-737-4881 during business hours to discuss your options. 

Foreign Language Requirement (MA)

Complete this online form to document foreign language proficiency for the Master of Arts degree. Language requirements are set by individual programs and/or committees. Please talk to your program if you have questions.

Foreign Language Requirement (PhD)

Complete this online form to document foreign language proficiency for a doctoral degree. Language requirements are set by individual programs and/or committees. Please talk to your program if you have questions.

Leave of Absence Application


Use the Leave of Absence form to apply for a leave of absence.
Note: Completed (with signatures) Leave of Absence Form must be received by the Graduate School at least two weeks prior to the first day of the term involved.

Unless on approved leave of absence, all graduate students in degree and certificate programs must register continuously for a minimum of 3 graduate credits, excluding summer session, until their degree or certificate is granted or until their status as a credential-seeking graduate student is terminated. See the catalog for more information on registration requirements. Approved leave of absence includes, but is not limited to, Family and Medical Leave, as defined by the Graduate School's Family and Medical Leave Policy for Graduate Students.

Please review the Leave of Absence and Family Medical Leave eligibility comparison tool for questions about the differences between the standard leave of absence and FML.

Petition for Change in Program 


Changes to the Program of Study must be filed prior to the final exam, either by using a Petition to Change Program form, or by submitting a revised Program of Study.

Graduate Council Representative (GCR) List

All Doctoral students and Master's students who are writing a thesis (as well as all MAIS students) are required to include a Graduate Council Representative on their committee. The Graduate Council Representative (GCR) serves in the role of impartial committee member who advocates for the student and insures that all rules governing committee procedures are followed. They must be present at your final defense of your thesis. You must select a GCR from the list generated by the online GCR list generation tool. After you have identified a representative, indicate on the list the faculty member serving in that role. You must then return the list to Graduate School by emailing it to, dropping it off in person to Heckart Lodge, or sending it through campus mail. Watch a video about finding a GCR.

Program Meeting Checklists

Although the Graduate School requires formal program meetings for doctoral and MAIS students, students are not required to formally schedule the program meetings with the Graduate School. Prior to a program meeting, doctoral and MAIS students need to select a GCR from a list provided by the Graduate School and schedule the meeting with all committee members. Following the meeting, doctoral and MAIS students will submit the signed Program of Study form to the Graduate School. In addition to this:

Program of Study Form

As a regular graduate student, you must file a Program of Study with the Graduate School. Students who do not file a Program within the specified deadline for their degree will not be allowed to register for the next term. A registration hold will also be placed on graduate students whose Programs of Study are not approved after initial evaluation by the Graduate School. You must submit your Program of Study on a form provided by the Graduate School:

  • PhD/EdD : Word - PDF
  • General Master’s (EdM, MA, MAPE, MATRN, MCoun, MEng, MF, MFA MHP, MPP, MS, PSM) : Word - PDF
  • General Master’s with Options (EdM, MA, MAPE, MATRN, MCoun, MEng, MF, MFA, MPP, MS) : Word - PDF
  • Master Agriculture (MAg) : Word PDF
  • Master of Public Health (MPH) : Word - PDF
  • Master of Natural Resources (MNR) : Word - PDF
  • Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS) : Word - PDF
  • Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) : Word - PDF
  • Dual Major Master's Degree : Word - PDF
  • Dual Major Doctoral Degree : Word - PDF


Digital program of study

If your major or program is listed below, you may use the digital program of study instead of a paper form. When logging in please use the OSU Login button. To file a bug report please email For academic assistance please contact your program or

Login to Digital Program of Study

  • College of Agricultural Sciences
    • Agricultural Education
    • Animal Sciences
    • Applied Economics
    • Botany and Plant Pathology
    • Crop Science
    • Fisheries and Wildlife Administration
    • Fisheries Management (CERT)
    • Fisheries Science
    • Food Science and Technology
    • Horticulture
    • Organic Agriculture (CERT)
    • Rangeland Ecology and Management
    • Soil Science
    • Toxicology
    • Wildlife Management (CERT)
    • Wildlife Science
  • College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences
    • Geographic Information Science (CERT)
    • Geography
    • Geology
    • Marine Resource Management
    • Marine Resource Management (CERT)
    • Ocean, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences
  • College of Education
    • Adult & Higher Education
    • Dual Language Education (CERT)
    • Education, M.S. and Ph.D.
    • English for Speakers of Other Languages (CERT)
    • Music Education MAT
    • Counseling Mcoun and Ph.D.
  • College of Engineering
    • Bioengineering
    • Biological and Ecological Engineering
    • Chemical Engineering
    • Civil Engineering
    • Computer Science
    • Electrical and Computer Engineering
    • Environmental Engineering
    • Industrial Engineering
    • Materials Science
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Nuclear Engineering
    • Radiation and Health Physics
    • Robotics
  • College of Forestry
    • Forest Ecosystems and Society
    • Forests and Climate Change (CERT)
    • Natural Resources
    • Sustainable Forest Management
    • Sustainable Natural Resources (CERT)
    • Urban Forestry (CERT)
    • Wood Science
  • College of Liberal Arts
    • Applied Anthropology
    • Applied Ethics
    • College Student Services Administration
    • Creative Writing
    • English
    • Psychology
    • Public Policy
    • Rural Policy (CERT)
    • Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
  • College of Pharmacy
    • Pharmaceutical Sciences
  • College of Public Health and Human Sciences
    • Athletic Training
    • Human Development and Family Studies
    • Kinesiology
    • Master of Adapted Physical Education
    • Nutrition
    • Public Health
    • Public Health (CERT)
  • College of Science
    • Chemistry
    • Data Analytics
    • Data Analytics (CERT)
    • Integrative Biology
    • Mathematics
    • Microbiology
    • Physics
    • Statistics
  • Graduate School
    • College and University Teaching (CERT)
    • Comparative Health Sciences
    • Environmental Sciences
    • Interdisciplinary Studies (MAIS)
    • Water Conflict Management and Transformation (CERT)
    • Water Resources Policy and Management
    • Water Resources Engineering
    • Water Resources Science

Transfer Credit Request


Students may be able to transfer selected graduate credits from a previously attended institution if all university guidelines on transfer credits are met (see Policies Governing All Graduate Programs, Transfer Credit in the OSU General Catalog) and if the student's graduate program decides the courses are applicable to the proposed OSU degree. Students may submit the Request for Transfer Credit form if they wish to determine whether the courses might be eligible for transfer credit and available for use on an OSU graduate program of study.

Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Submission Approval Form

 is submitted to the Graduate School along with a copy of the title page once the final thesis/dissertation is approved and uploaded to ScholarsArchive.

Equivalence of Thesis/Non-Thesis Credit

If you are a current OSU graduate student and are changing your master’s degree from a thesis degree to a non-thesis degree, please submit the Working Equivalence of Thesis/Non-thesis Credit form to the Graduate School.

Commencement forms

Please review commencement directions for spring and summer completing students. 

Additional forms for summer completing students. Submit the appropriate form to Julie Kurtz:

  • Completing master's degree requirements summer term - Coming soon
  • Completing doctoral degree requirements summer term - Coming soon

Add Concurrent Degree

This form is for current PharmD or DVM students to request adding a second concurrent degree. Submissions of this form are a request and approval is not guaranteed.

Request for concurrent graduate and professional degree form

Faculty Forms

Graduate Certificate Checklist


Upon completion of the courses required for a graduate certificate, the program director notifies the Graduate School that the student is ready to have the certificate awarded. This form is provided for the convenience of the certificate program director when this step is to be completed. Programs are not required to use this form, but they should indicate the courses completed and tell the Graduate School which term should be identified on the student's transcript.

English Language Proficiency Exception Request

Online Form (ONID login required)

This form is used to petition an exception to the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements for admission to the Graduate School. All requests must be submitted by the Department Head, Program Chairperson, Graduate Program Director or designated faculty. Program Coordinators may submit the petition on behalf of the designated faculty. Please indicate how the applicant may qualify for an exception. Additional documentation (ie: a letter of support, transcripts from another school’s ESL program, writing samples, test scores, etc.) may be submitted as an upload to support the petition.

Faculty as Student Petition

Although faculty members are eligible to enroll for courses at staff fees, such course work may not be applied to a graduate degree without prior approval of the Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School. Learn more about this policy.