You qualify for Graduate Summer Step if you are seeking a master's or doctoral degree and one of the following are true:

  • You are a citizen of the United States.
  • You are a permanent resident of the United States and have a Permanent Resident Card. If your card is expired, you have an extension approval document.
  • You are an asylee or refugee with an approved I-797 or I-94 document.
  • You are an undocumented student. An undocumented person does not have valid immigration status in the U.S.
  • DACA/DACA-mented- Students who are DACA recipients (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), also known as “DACA-mented” students, are still considered undocumented students even though they may have a social security number and/or an Employment Authorization Card.
  • You are a Citizen of American Samoa, Palau, the Republic of Marshall Islands, or the Federated States of Micronesia.