The Graduate School invites nominations for the Lenore Bayley Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship is provided through the Lenore Bayley Graduate Fellowship Fund and will be awarded to a domestic or international graduate student enrolled in an advanced degree program at Oregon State University. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance and promise for the future.
The Lenore Bayley Graduate Scholarship amount varies, but typically does not exceed $4,000. The scholarship will be disbursed in three installments throughout the academic year. Awards for less than an academic year will be pro-rated. This award may be offered in addition to a graduate assistantship or fellowship.
- Nominee must have submitted an application for graduate admission and is considered regularly admissible OR nominee must be a current master’s or doctoral student
- Nominee must be enrolled for at least 9 graduate credits each term (fall, winter, spring) during the 2021-2022 AY to receive the award
- Strength of the nominee's statement of academic excellence, intellectual vitality and strengths and their alignment with this specific award
- The nominee’s scholarly promise and academic and professional strengths, as articulated in the nomination letter(s), including, but not limited to, discussion of the nominee’s past achievements, their specific academic interests at OSU, and their likelihood of contributing to the discipline
- Quality of the nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae
The nomination period begins on October 1, 2020. All nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 1, 2021. Awards will be determined in April 2021.
Nominations may be submitted by the nominee's graduate program director or department chair/head. Students may not apply directly for this award. Each unit (as defined by university major code) may nominate no more than one nominee (total) per award cycle.
In the online nomination form, nominators will be required to prepare/upload the following materials as one PDF document using the following file name convention:
"Nominee's Last Name_Department_Bayley.pdf", and upload it through the nomination form.
- A statement from the nominee that speaks to the following areas:
- Their academic excellence and intellectual vitality demonstrated in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, their commitment and persistence related to previous academic pursuits, their intellectual curiosity and commitment, and the strengths and skills they bring to their graduate studies.
- A discussion of their personal strengths, skills, and previous experiences and how those contribute/will contribute to the creation of an inclusive and diverse university.
- How this award will support them in their graduate studies.
- A nominating letter from the nominee’s major professor or unit chair/head addressing the following:
- The nominee’s academic excellence and intellectual vitality demonstrated in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, the student’s commitment and persistence related to previous academic pursuits, their intellectual curiosity, and the strengths and skills they bring to their graduate studies.
- An explanation as to how the award will support the nominee’s graduate studies
- A copy of the nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae
Nomination form overview
For questions about this award or any Graduate School administered awards, please contact our Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships team