Go beyond your field of study and gain the skills you need to excel in your next career with OSU Grad Advantage.
OSU Grad Advantage provides students a self-assessment tool to gauge their current level in five core competencies and provides opportunities for improvement.
(Only available to currently enrolled graduate students)
Question, comment or suggestion? Please get in touch. We plan on growing OSU Grad Advantage in select areas in the near future.
1. Build and maintain productive relationships as a mentor and mentee
2. Be an effective advocate for themselves and others
3. Facilitate interactions and uncomfortable conversations between groups and teams centered on developing, assessing and attaining goals
4. Effectively and purposefully teach in formal and non-formal environments
1. Articulate ideas effectively in writing
2. Articulate ideas effectively orally
3. Use digital media and visual resources effectively
1. Engage in professional development, continuous education, and commitment to life-long learning
2. Guide, coordinate, and contribute to teamwork
3. Develop and engage in productive and professional interpersonal relationships
4. Work effectively with people of varying skill levels and different backgrounds
5. Effectively and ethically manage projects
6. Develop and practice healthy personal-professional balance
7. Engaged in innovation and entrepreneurship
1. Access, evaluate, and appropriately use existing research to inform action
2. Engage in rigorous original data collection, analysis and problem solving