Oregon State University participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP), an agreement between participating public universities in 17 western states and territories providing admitted students from these states and territories the opportunity to attend a graduate program at 150% of resident tuition instead of the full nonresident fees. You may be eligible to save around $6,000 a year in tuition.
Participating states and territories
- Federated States of Micronesia
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- South Dakota
Eligible graduate programs
Student eligibility for WRGP
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (non-pending), resident of a participating U.S. territory, or a person granted refugee or asylum status (non-pending)
- Must be a resident of one of WRGP states or territories before starting at Oregon State
- Must be fully admitted to one of the participating programs
- Must be a Corvallis campus student
- If enrolled in concurrent programs, both programs must be WRGP eligible
How to apply
To be considered for WRGP, complete the Graduate School Application. When you reach the question if you would like to apply for WRGP, select “yes” and select your state of residency. Upload a document proving your residency such as a state issued ID card or driver's license.
Frequently asked questions
- What documents can I submit to prove my residency?
- You can submit a copy of your driver’s license or state issued ID.
- What if I become an Oregon resident during my study?
- If you become an Oregon resident, you will no longer receive the 150% rate (but will be eligible for in-state tuition).
- I’m getting funding my first term, should I still complete the WRGP question on my application?
- Yes, this will ensure you receive the 150% resident tuition rate after your funding ends.
- What if I am already a student at Oregon State? Can I apply for WRGP tuition reduction?
- No, only students entering their first term as a graduate student at Oregon State are eligible.
- What if I change my degree program? Will I get to keep my WRGP tuition rate?
- No, WRGP is only for the program you initially applied.
If you are a student with questions about WRGP, please contact your program. If you are a graduate advisor with questions about WRGP, please contact Marit Legler.