The Graduate School invites nominations for the P.F. Yerex & Nellie Buck Yerex Graduate Fellowship which will be awarded to one or more graduate students who will be enrolled at Oregon State University during the 2019-20 academic year. Students are not to apply directly for this fellowship, nominations may be submitted by the student's graduate program director, department chair or head, or by the dean of the program in which the student is enrolled. Departments may submit only one nomination.
Fellowship stipends are estimated to be at the $12,000 level, with final award distributions determined by actual endowment earnings.
- Outstanding graduate students who are pursuing study in a scientific or technological field
- US citizens or permanent residents. (International graduate students are not eligible).
- This award may be given in addition to a graduate teaching or research assistantship.
- The recipients will be determined by the Dean of the Graduate School and will be made on the basis of academic achievement and promise for the future.
- Students are not to apply directly for this scholarship, majors may submit only one nomination
It is the Graduate School’s policy that when nominating current undergraduates for Graduate School awards, the nominees must:
- have submitted/completed an application for graduate admission (with the exception of transcripts and other documents that are not yet available), and
- be considered regularly admissible with respect to OSU’s minimum academic admissions requirements.
Evaluation of nominations will be based upon academic merit as demonstrated by:
- academic & professional strengths articulated in letter of nomination
- clarity of direction articulated in student's statement of interest
- GPA in current grad program
- timely progress toward degree completion
- demonstrated leadership
- grants awarded
- publication record (first, second author, etc.)
- professional organization involvement
Nominations must be received in the Graduate School by 5pm on March 1, 2019. Recipients will be announced by April 30.
Departments and programs may submit only one nomination and must provide a complete nomination packet containing all materials listed below (including transcripts). Incomplete nominations will not be reviewed.
- A nominating letter from the department chair or head, graduate program director, or dean of the program in which the student is enrolled
- Statement of the student's academic goals
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
This file can only be uploaded once the application is open.
Please upload the required materials as one PDF document using the following file name convention:YEREX_NomineeLastName_Dept.pdf