The Graduate School invites nominations for the Dr. Hari S. & Dr. Renuka R. Sethi Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship is provided through the Dr. Hari S. & Dr. Renuka R. Sethi Graduate Scholarship Fund and is a merit-based graduate scholarship program with preference given to domestic or international graduate students studying in the areas of fisheries science or human development.
Two scholarships, valued at $1,500 each, are anticipated for the 2020-21 academic year. The scholarship will be disbursed in full during the fall 2020 term. This award may be offered in addition to a graduate assistantship or fellowship.
- Student is a current master’s or doctoral student in either fisheries science or human development and family sciences, OR, student has submitted an application for graduate admission and is considered regularly admissible in either fisheries science or human development and family sciences
- Student must plan to enroll in at least 3 graduate credits during the fall 2020 term
- Quality of the student’s academic and professional goal statement
- Quality of letter of nomination
- Quality of student’s CV or résumé
- Quality of student’s previous academic achievement and scholarly productivity (as indicated by, publications, presentations, honors/awards, GPA, GRE scores, etc.)
The nomination period begins on October 1, 2019. All nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 2, 2020. Awards will be determined in April, 2020.
Nominations may be submitted by the student's graduate program director or unit chair/head. Students may not apply directly for this award. Each unit (as defined by university major code) may nominate no more than one student (total) per award cycle.
It is the Graduate School’s policy that when nominating current undergraduates for Graduate School awards, the nominees must:
- have submitted/completed an application for graduate admission (with the exception of transcripts and other documents that may not yet be available), and
- be considered regularly admissible with respect to OSU’s minimum academic admissions requirements.
Submit a nomination
Nomination form overview
In the online nomination form, nominators will be required to prepare/upload the following materials as one PDF document using the following file name convention:
"Nominee's Last Name_Department_Sethi.pdf", and upload it through the nomination form.
- Statement from the student describing their academic and professional goals and direction as they relate to their chosen field.
- Letter from student's major professor or unit chair/head attesting to the academic merit of the student, anticipated degree completion, and the student’s academic and professional strengths that point to the student’s promise for the future in their chosen field.
- A copy of the student’s résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Optional Supplemental Materials.
- Examples of supplemental materials that may be included, but are not required, in the nomination packet are: transcripts of post-high school academic work, including current OSU graduate transcript if applicable,GRE or other relevant test scores, etc.