The Graduate School invites nominations for the Dr. Hari S. & Dr. Renuka R. Sethi Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship is provided through the Dr. Hari S. & Dr. Renuka R. Sethi Graduate Scholarship Fund and is a merit-based graduate scholarship program with preference given to domestic or international graduate students studying in the areas of fisheries science or human development.
Two scholarships, valued at $1,500 each, are anticipated for the 2021-22 academic year. The scholarship will be disbursed in full during the fall 2021 term. This award may be offered in addition to a graduate assistantship or fellowship.
- Nominee must be a current master’s or doctoral student in either fisheries science or human development and family sciences, OR, the nominee has submitted an application for graduate admission and is considered regularly admissible in either fisheries science or human development and family sciences
- Nominee must plan to enroll in at least 3 graduate credits during the fall 2021 term
- Strength of the nominee's statement of academic excellence, intellectual vitality and strengths and their alignment with this specific award
- The nominee’s scholarly promise and academic and professional strengths, as articulated in the nomination letter(s), including, but not limited to, discussion of the nominee’s past achievements, their specific academic interests at OSU, and their likelihood of contributing to the discipline
- Quality of the nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae
The nomination period begins on October 1, 2020. All nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 1, 2021. Awards will be determined in April, 2021.
Nominations may be submitted by the nominee's graduate program director or unit chair/head. Students may not apply directly for this award. Each unit (as defined by university major code) may nominate no more than TWO nominees (total) per award cycle.
In the online nomination form, nominators will be required to prepare/upload the following materials as one PDF document using the following file name convention:
"Nominee's Last Name_Department_Sethi.pdf", and upload it through the nomination form.
- A statement from the nominee that speaks to the following areas:
- Their academic excellence and intellectual vitality demonstrated in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, their commitment and persistence related to previous academic pursuits, their intellectual curiosity and commitment, and the strengths and skills they bring to their graduate studies.
- A discussion of their personal strengths, skills, and previous experiences and how those contribute/will contribute to the creation of an inclusive and diverse university.
- How this award will support them in their graduate studies.
- A nominating letter from the nominee’s major professor or unit chair/head addressing the following:
- The nominee’s academic excellence and intellectual vitality demonstrated in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, the student’s commitment and persistence related to previous academic pursuits, their intellectual curiosity, and the strengths and skills they bring to their graduate studies.
- An explanation as to how the award will support the nominee’s graduate studies
- A copy of the nominee’s résumé or curriculum vitae
Submit a nomination
Nomination form overview
For questions about this award or any Graduate School administered awards, please contact our Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships team