The Graduate School invites nominations for the Lenore Bayley Graduate Fellowship which will be awarded to a graduate student who will be enrolled in an advanced degree program at Oregon State University during the 2019-20 academic year.
The Bayley Fellowship will provide an annual stipend of approximately $4,000. Awards for less than an academic year will be pro-rated. The final award level will be dependent upon acutal endowment earnings. The fellowship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance and promise for the future.
- Domestic and international students are eligible for nomination
- This award may be given in addition to a graduate teaching or research assistantship
- Nominations may be submitted by the student's graduate program director or department chair/head, or by the dean of the program in which the student is enrolled. (Students may not apply directly for this award). Unit heads/chairs from each degree program (as defined by university major code) may nominate no more than one student (total) per award cycle.
It is the Graduate School’s policy that when nominating current undergraduates for Graduate School awards, the nominees must:
- have submitted/completed an application for graduate admission (with the exception of transcripts and other documents that are not yet available), and
- be considered regularly admissible with respect to OSU’s minimum academic admissions requirements.
Evaluation of nominations will be based upon academic merit as demonstrated by:
- Academic and professional strengths articulated in letters of nomination
- Clarity of direction articulated in student's statement of interest
- GPA in current grad program
- Timely progress toward degree completion
- Demonstrated leadership
- Grants awarded
- Publication record (first, second author, etc.)
- Professional organization involvement
To complete this form, applicants should expect to include:
- A nominating letter from the department chair or head, graduate program director, or dean of the program in which the student is enrolled
- Statement of the student's academic goals
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Nominations must be received in the Graduate School by 5pm on March 1, 2019. Recipients will be announced by April 30, 2019
Please submit the above materials as one PDF document using the following file name convention: BAYLEY_NomineeLastName_Dept.pdf