- A participating program
- Approval of an AMP advisor ?
- A graduate faculty major professor and/or future thesis advisor. This is not the same person as an AMP advisor.
- Have completed at least 105 credits of the required 180 credits for a bachelor's degree. This is equivalent to junior standing.
- A 3.25 grade point average for completed undergraduate coursework. The courses that will apply to the graduate degree must be 3.0 or better.
- Meet the English language proficiency standards per the Graduate Catalog
- International students will need a proper visa/I-20 once the graduate program starts
Year 3 of Undergraduate
Meet with an AMP advisor.
Identify a graduate faculty major professor and/or future thesis advisor. This is not the same person as an AMP advisor.
Work with your graduate faculty major professor and/or future thesis advisor to create a plan of study and potential graduate research project.
Apply to the Graduate School using the Accelerated Master's Platform application code provided by the AMP advisor.
Year 4 of Undergraduate
Earn up to 12 graduate credits.
Year 1 of Graduate
Start Graduate School transferring up to 12 graduate credits earned as an undergraduate.
In addition to the regular Graduate School application process, the application also includes:
- The application code provided by the AMP advisor.
Statement of graduate research or project objectives (essay of no more than 500 words)
A tentative plan of study that identifies the 12 credits that will apply towards the graduate degree; and planned courses for the graduate degree. The plan must be signed by the graduate advisor for non-thesis master's programs or the major professor/advisor for thesis-based master's programs. This does not replace the Program of Study. Your program advisor will supply the form. Please include the projected term of completion of the Bachelor’s degree requirements.
Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable of the student’s academic background and potential for success in a graduate degree program.
The application fee will be waived.
Find the list of participating programs »
Download step-by-step application directions (pdf)
Frequently asked questions »