The Graduate School invites nominations for the Lenore Bayley Graduate Fellowship which will be awarded to a graduate student who will be enrolled in an advanced degree program at Oregon State University during the 2014-15 academic year.
The Bayley Fellowship will provide an annual stipend of approximately $4,000. Awards for less than an academic year will be pro-rated. The final award level will be dependent upon actual endowment earnings. The fellowship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance and promise for the future.
This award may be given in addition to a graduate teaching or research assistantship. Domestic and international students are eligible for nomination.
Nominations may be submitted by the student's graduate program director or department chair/head, or by the dean of the program in which the student is enrolled. Students may not apply directly for this award.
Evaluation of nominations will be based upon academic merit as demonstrated by:
- academic & professional strengths articulated in letters of nomination and recommendation
- clarity of direction articulated in student's statement of interest
- GPA in current grad program
- timely progress toward degree completion
- demonstrated leadership
- grants awarded
- publication record (first, second author, etc.)
- professional organization involvement
Nominations must be received in the Graduate School by 5pm on February 3, 2014. Recipients will be announced by February 28, 2014.