The Graduate School is pleased to announce the Dr. Hari S. & Dr. Renuka R. Sethi Graduate Scholarship Fund, a merit-based graduate scholarship program with preference given to graduate students studying in the areas of fisheries science or human development.
The Sethi Graduate Scholarship Fund is established through the generous pledge of support provided by Dr. Renuka R. Sethi. While the endowment balance is building, Dr. Sethi's additional annual gift provides a $950 graduate scholarship which is available for immediate distribution fall 2015.
Domestic and international students are eligible for consideration. All nominees must be enrolled in a graduate degree program in either fisheries science or human development and family sciences and are expected to have a meritorious record.
Recipients will be required to enroll for a minimum of 3 graduate credits during the term in which the scholarship is distributed. This scholarship may be given in addition to a graduate teaching or research assistantship.
Evaluation of nominations will be based upon academic merit as demonstrated by:
- academic & professional strengths articulated in letters of nomination and recommendation
- clarity of direction articulated in student's statement of interest
- GPA in current grad program
- timely progress toward degree completion
- demonstrated leadership
- grants awarded
- publication record (first, second author, etc.)
- professional organization involvement
Nominations must be received by the Graduate School by March 30, 2015, 5pm. Awards will be announced by April 10, 2015.