The Graduate School is pleased to announce the Jesse M. Bell Memorial Graduate Student Loan Program which was created by the estate of Jesse Bell for the purpose of providing loans for worthy graduate students of high scholastic standing to enable their pursuit of graduate study in an OUS institution.
These non-need-based loans are available on a one-time basis to enrolled graduate students to assist with educational expenses associated with their advanced degree. Loans up to $5,000 are anticipated, and will be dependent upon the merits of the case, the loan demand, and the current balance available in the loan fund. Requests exceeding $5,000 will be considered on an exception basis.
- Students in graduate degree-seeking status
- US citizen and international graduate students
- Academic merit as demonstrated by graduate GPA and satisfactory and timely degree progress
- Enrollment in a minimum of 3 credits
Terms and Conditions
- 5% annual interest rate
- Loan period not to exceed 10 years
- $40/month minimum monthly payment
- Repayment begins 9 months after student ceases to be enrolled for at least 3 credits in OSU graduate program, or on an approved leave of absence from OSU graduate program, or enrolled at least half-time at another institution of higher education
- NOTE: Receipt of this loan will impact a student's federal financial aid package. If you have financial aid assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office to determine how this loan program will affect your financial aid package.
Nominations must be received in the Graduate School by October 27, 2014, by 5PM. Awards will be determined in November 2014 (tentative).