The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education; who demonstrate a commitment to developing academic and civic responsibility in themselves and others; and whose work reflects a strong emphasis on teaching and learning.

The award honors the work of K. Patricia Cross, Professor Emerita of Higher Education at the University of California, Berkeley.

Please go to the K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders page for complete information.

Eligibility

All doctoral level graduate students who are planning a career in higher education are eligible, regardless of academic department. Graduate students in fields where the Master's degree is the terminal degree, such as the MFA in art, are also eligible. (Nominees must hold student status in January 2018.)

Award

The K. Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award provides financial support for graduate students to attend AAC&U's 2017 Annual Meeting, which will be held in Washington, DC, January 24-27, 2018. All award recipients are required to attend the conference.

The award includes travel, lodging, conference registration, and a one-year affiliation with AAC&U, including subscriptions to all AAC&U periodicals.

The deadline for receipt of materials is October 2, 2017.